Join the Cleveland Teaching Collaborative for open group discussion via Teams on Thursday November 12, 2020 from 11:30-12:30 on Zoom.
Open group discussions are open to anyone interested in teaching and learning from Pre-Kindergarten to higher education. Zoom meeting details are on our CTC Teams site (https://bit.ly/CTCTeam). If you don’t have access to the Team please fill out this RSVP form or email Shelley Rose at email@example.com for Zoom access.
- Date: November 12, 2020
- Time: 11:30-12:30
- Topic: Teaching Suffrage, Citizenship, and Voting Rights in 2020
Each open discussion starts with 5-10 minutes of “writing into the meeting” on a shared document. Here’s a preview of the questions for 11/12:
- How did you adapt your teaching and conversations on voting rights in light of a remote or hybrid teaching context?
- Did you include discussions or activities on suffrage, citizenship, or voting rights informally or formally in your class this year to commemorate the 15th and 19th amendments?
- If you designed a specific assignment for your students, describe it here. How did it go?
- How did the context of the 2020 election cycle affect your teaching? Did you encounter anything unexpected or new in your discussions about voting rights with your students this year?
We’re looking forward to seeing you at the discussion!
Save the Date for our future discussions!
Wednesday, December 9, 2020 2:00-3:00 (Teams) Vote on the topic below.