The Cleveland Teaching Collaborative is excited to partner with Career Development & Exploration and the History Department at Cleveland State University to offer our first paid on-campus undergraduate internship for Spring 2023!
Cleveland State University Students can apply now to be the CTC Undergraduate Research Assistant. Visit Handshake (app.joinhandshake.com/login) and enter job number 7235960.
The CTC Undergraduate Research Assistant will join a dynamic collaborative team that includes opportunities to edit case studies of teaching & learning, work with and/or learn metadata best practices and curation in our resource referatory, and conduct outreach to our over 100 collaborating instructors. Our audience is instructors at all grade levels and in any disciplines in Northeast Ohio from Prekindergarten through 12 and higher education. This internship will foster the development of a spectrum of career readiness skills such as technology, communication, professionalism, and leadership as well as provide regional networking opportunities. Team meetings are once a week and the majority of the intern’s work can be remote.
The assistant may be responsible for the following duties:
- Serving on the editorial team for our academic blog at cleteaching.org
- Working in our resource referatory on metadata and content curation of teaching resources. Metadata RAs are also able to curate showcases of resources on topics they are most interested in
- Imagining, planning, and implementing an outreach event or series of events for instructors in Northeast Ohio.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Experience with educational technology and social media
- Self-motivation and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently & remotely
We prefer experience with:
- Content management systems like WordPress and Omeka
- Project management